In this section you will find the Trust’s Reading Curriculum for Years 1 through to 6. It is separated in to 8 themes of learning that can be taught across all genres of text.
The themes are:
1. Developing positive attitudes to reading
2. Skills and strategies to read for understanding
3. Understanding vocabulary used in texts
4. Expressing, recording and presenting their understanding
5. Understanding the whole text
6. Retrieving information from texts
7. Inferential understanding
8. Reading to find out
We try to use quality texts when teaching our reading curriculum. They cover fiction, non-fiction and poetry, including picture books and longer novels.
Our Year group Book Case books are longer reads that the children explore over a longer period of time.