At Tall Oaks Academy Trust we work hard to create a safe environment in which students feel secure, are able to talk, and that they feel listened to. Our safeguarding policy can be found below, along with other policies relating to the care and safety of students, staff and visitors.
What is Safeguarding?
Safeguarding covers all aspects of keeping children safe and we promote the welfare of children by:
- Protecting children from maltreatment;
- Preventing impairment of children’s mental and physical health or development;
- Ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care;
- Taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes.
All staff are required to wear Trust lanyards at all times, all visitors and volunteers are always required to sign in and out and wear a visitor badge whilst on school grounds.
If you have any concerns or are worried about your child’s or anybody else’s safety or wellbeing you can contact any of the members of staff listed below:
If your concern is about a staff member or volunteer you should report this to the Whistle Blowing Champion Mrs P Dexter, she can be contacted via email, telephoning the school or visiting the school office.
If your concern is about the Head of School you should inform the Chair of Governors, via the school office or contact Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) on 01522 554668.
Mrs J Jones
Trust Safeguarding & Welfare Officer
Miss M Ryan
Interim Head of School & Designated Safeguarding Lead at Mercer's Wood Academy
Mr C Fitzpatrick
Head of School & Designated Safeguarding Lead at White's Wood Academy
Mr G Brown
Head of School & Designated Safeguarding Lead at Castle Wood Academy
- Children’s Services Customer Service Centre (CSC) 01522 782111
- Emergency Duty Team (EDT) 01522 782333
Other important contact details for you to note are:
- Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO): A. Faulkner 01522 554668
- Whistleblowing Champion: Mrs P Dexter - 01427 612572
- Whistleblowing Trustee: Mrs C Kirk (Please contact through Mrs P Dexter)
Mrs P Dexter
Mrs C Kirk